Let Jacana Productions build a custom webpage and shoot a video tour of your property. Prices start at $299 – that includes a video, custom webpage, URL and email address all for $299. See a full list of features and pricing here and see a complete example of a webpage and video here. Remember, our services are tax deductible too! We also offer this service for REALTORS, see this link for REALTOR video tour features.
How do I market my property? Why should I use the Internet and why is it imperative to use video too?
So, you’ve decided to ditch the realtor and go down the “For Sale by Owner” route. Realtors, after all are going the way of the travel agent and the dial-up modem! Why should someone receive 7% of your property value just to sell your house. That’s your hard earned cash, $30000 or more in some cases, WOW …. no way!
So now what, where does one start? In the good old days we called up our local newspaper, placed a classified ad in the “For sale by owner section” and waited. But that was so 90s. Haven’t you heard no one reads the classifieds anymore. Ok, how about that Internet thing-a-ma-jiggy? Let’s look at some stats related to the interwebs and real estate:
- Traditional advertising such as newspaper ads, brochures, and open houses have a limited reach and with the advent of sites like Craigslist, no one uses the classifieds anymore
- 25% of all online searches involve Real Estate and Finance
- 80% of all home searches begin online (YES, that’s 80%)
But with billions of webpages how can you ever hope to come up in the search engine listing at all. How can you stand out from the other homes for sale in your area. The answer is online video. Here are some startling online video stats just released – Stats for month of January 2009 (Source Comscore)
- 76.8 percent of the total U.S. Internet audience viewed online video
- The average online video viewer watched 356 minutes of video (approximately 6 hours), up 15 percent versus December.
- 100.9 million viewers watched 6.3 billion videos on YouTube.com (62.6 videos per viewer)
- 78% of visitors reported they stayed longer on websites that have video tours (Real Networks Stat)
Looking at the data above we can take away two important points: your property must be listed online AND the listing should contain a video tour of the property.
Video has other benefits too:
Save Time and Money
- Video tours bring only interested buyers to see your property. Spend your time only with buyers who are most likely to purchase your property
- Save time with open houses and preview appointments – fewer tire kickers and more real potential buyers
- Generally, sellers who don’t use video tours show their home twice as many times to each buyer before a sale
- The US population is highly mobile with people moving to regions that have jobs – video tours allow out of state buyers to view your property without the need to physically be there
- An online video is like having a 24/7 open house!
- From the buyers point of view, more houses on the market means more houses to sort through, a video tour is a welcome addition for the buyer
Rise Above the Competition Online
Todays real estate market means large inventories and declining prices. More houses for sale in your neighborhood mean greater competition for you. Sellers need to stand out from the competition. A video listing contains a combination of both sound and sight and is more memorable than a listing that contains just still photos and text.
Search Engines Love Video
Webpages that contain video in most cases rank higher than those that don’t. Video will get you higher up in the search listing = more traffic = more potential buyers.
Sell your house in record time
In some case the speed at which you sell your property can mean the difference between sink or swim. Let Jacana Productions harness the power of the web and online video and sell your property sooner than if you’d used other antiquated methods.